Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2016

CNY Outfits


Happy Chinese New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai! :D

Finally my first outfit post of 2016. Will share 2 of my outfits that I have worn on the eve and on the first day of Chinese New Year back at my dad's hometown :)


 

 Outfit #1: CNY Eve Reunion Dinner

Maroon Knit Top from Honeymoon (DP)  l  Suspender skirt from Taiwan  l  Necklace from a jewelry store in DP (sorry I forgotten the name!)  l   Earrings from Vintage Style (DP)  l  Heels from Vincci

\

Knit apparels in Malaysia really do not work unless you're going to be in an air conditioned environment. Thankfully the weather this CNY is slightly on the chilly side because of the constant rain, and also we had our dinner at a restaurant so I threw on this top along with my suspender skirt.



I also threw on a necklace and a pair of earrings to jazz up the outfit, without them, this outfit would look pretty plain. If you can't be a bit fancier during CNY, when can you be right? Heh.





#Outfit 2: CNY Chor Yat


 Gold top from Kenanga Wholesale City  l  Red Skirt from Novela (DP)  l  Necklace from  Luccacal  l  Gold heels from a shoe shop at Aeon (unfortunately, it has already closed down)






It has always been a tradition for my paternal side of the family to have a family photo shoot in the morning of every 1st day of CNY. So we will all get dressed up for this particular occasion.

Was a bit skeptical about this red skirt at first because it looked too fancy and a bit too puffy for my liking, but my mum persuaded me to get it and I'm glad I did! Turns out it is now one of my most versatile pieces in my wardrobe. Tried it out with many different tops and it all worked out really well :D

This gold one is one of the many tops that worked! Yay for mums with awesome fashion sense! haha.


That's all for now, hope everyone is not too burnt out from all the festivities! Continue to enjoy the cookies, gatherings and angpows!


 Find me on:  Instagram  l  Twitter  l  Dayre  l Bloglovin  


4 comments:

  1. I love your outfits for new years!!!! *.* They are just so freaking pretty! Very elegant and pretty! :)

    taytaytayworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is why chinese new year so hot....

    ReplyDelete