Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Thailand trip: Santorini Park


Continuing about my Thailand Trip with another place that we visited, Santorini Park.



Honestly, I felt that this was quite a let down. When they mentioned "Santorini Park", I imagined it to be a replica of the real deal. I thought it would be something like...


This

Credits

Or this.
Credits



But instead, it was just a theme park with white walls and splashes of blue here and there. 70% of the rides and attractions were unopened, and the ones that are open are mostly for kids aged 12 and below. Most of the staircases there also lead to nowhere, so there's no point in climbing them. And for this, they called it "Santorini Park".  There wasn't even like a miniature sculpture of the real deal. Oh and the signature blue half dome shaped roofs of the actual Santorini was also not in sight. 



Their saving point was that there were many quirky murals and interactive wall designs at every corner. So everywhere was quite photo-worthy.









I especially love this piece of art. So vibrant and colourful!




Spot the flying cats!



A cafe that wasn't open, but still nice to take picture outside.


OOTD: Striped bustier from F Block  l  Geometric skorts from Honeymoon  l  Sandals from Vincci  l  Hat from Thailand  l  Choker (birthday present)  l  Backpack from Jonker Walk



The park is not really huge, they have a lot of retail shops. The prices of the non-branded stores are quite reasonable, and their quality is good. So I recommend you visit their stores there.


To kill more time, I also recommend their 3D art museum. It's fantastic and very entertaining! The entrance ticket does not include any rides or attractions, so you have to pay for them separately. They do have packages, but since we only wanted to see this attraction only, so we paid 240 baht per person to enter.


Getting a painting of myself.



Receiving a flower garland.



Being ultra mischievous.


Very aware that my thighs look huge here. Note to girls: go for the smaller end.


Look ma! I can do splits!






Galloping away from this park.


There are more to the 3D art museum of course, but I just chose a few to publish or else this post would be too long. It is worth the price, and since there's not much to do anyways, might as well go for it.



At the end of the day, I guess I had my expectations up too high. It is quite a pretty place for photos. Just don't expect it to be even a fraction close to the actual Santorini in Greece.





Other Thailand Trip posts
What I wore to the airport




 Find me on:  Instagram  l  Twitter  l  Dayre  l Bloglovin  



34 comments:

  1. Who is this so pretty lehhh <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, the person and the place... I wanted to get there to that place but somehow missed it due to time constraint and not knowing how to exactly get there...
    www.mieranadhirah.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Ahh well you didn't really miss much. Unless you want to go there just for photos ;)

      Delete
  3. wow~~ u are pretty ler.I like your oOTD, you should take more OOTD btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! haha yeah I've been lacking on OOTD posts recently >< If you see the "outfits" tag on the right side of my blog, you can see my previous OOTDs :D

      Delete
  4. Hi Many, nice little 'santorini'... Is it in Bangkok ? You look cute in the ootd😍 like your lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :D It's in Hua Hin, not Bangkok. Thank you so much! hehe

      Delete
  5. hi Girl!

    The pics look so nice! A good place for photograph yeah xD haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this place looks amazing! Definitely a great place for shooting! Hehehhe, next time I bring my friends and family to have a vacation there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahhh the place look amazing! This in Bangkok ya...pretty pix too

    Kolin zainal

    ReplyDelete
  8. must visit this artful park if i have got chance to! looks so creative and relaxing there
    between, i have follow your Google+ site ya. do follow me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect place to visit if one loves to take pics! Will check it out on my next trip to Hua Hin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowo! thanks for sharing this awesome place Mandy. At least I can travel to this Santorini park, rather than the actual Santorini which is much more expensive to travel : ) Cheers, SiennyLovesDrawing

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, to expect it to look like the very very beautiful real deal may be too high of an expectation. Look on the bright side, you got some very good pictures out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely place to be travelling too. And i was pretty to find out that this was actually in Thailand. haha. Cheaper option too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never expect thailand also create a very good tourism! Many people sure want go to Santorini Park!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This place is soooooo beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, like your circus photo, I nearly get fooled by it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty this place. A clean and comfortable place for photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I went to Satorini Park also. But then, I lost my DSLR lens there~~~ T.T

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always wanna go Greece but too far away, budget too high.. This is a great option.. Thanks for sharing..

    http://cre8tonebabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww... I was let down too! Hopefully both of us get to go visit Greece someday :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I guess the real thing is always better huh? But still...will be in my visit list if I ever go Thailand again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You and your photo are awesome! Nice posting!=)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I guess it really means when you take pics it looks like santoroni rather than the whole replica of the place, will be super hard to recreate that I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  23. Been to thailand many times, but I didn't know that there is a santorini park!! At least you get to take a lot of photos there although it is below expectations..

    ReplyDelete
  24. The first few photos looks like in Greece! Great must-go spot indeed in Thailand! Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mandy,
    Really nice clicks & also a superb post. I really excited to see your post because I have also a trip to Thailand on this July which I have booked from Complete India & Asia. Really I am fully excited to go there as soon as possible.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you and hope you enjoy your trip to Thailand ^^

      Delete
    2. Hello! Thank you and hope you enjoy your trip to Thailand ^^

      Delete
  26. I had beguiled after reading its daily blogs and its stylish scintillating website about the lofty idea of Macau alphard van. Aftermath I visited Thailand last month with the help of notable travel agency with Macau Tickets and Macau mice events. Its food quality is just awe-inspiring, delectable and it is my favourite travel agency throughout my life

    ReplyDelete
  27. It is nice to see an article dedicated to this important topic. Thank you for sharing.
    Thailand Travel Agency

    ReplyDelete
  28. Really a wonderful blog.Photos in this blog is so amazing and nicely clicked. Thanks for sharing your information and photos with us. Keep posting like this.
    http://www.travelvedas.com/
    India Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete