Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

{REVIEW} Miss Hana Waterproof Gel Eyeliner



If you are like me and you follow a lot of bloggers who blog about make up then you would definitely know how much they rave about these Miss Hana Gel Eyeliners. I've looked at countless reviews on them and have been wanting to get them sooo badly because they sounded like the perfect eyeliners.....



And then I guess it's just my lucky day. Natta Cosme has generously sponsored me two Miss Hana Gel Eyeliners for review purposes. Just a disclaimer, although these were sponsored, all opinions are of my own and I make a point to be 100% honest with product reviews. 


Side track a bit, I really like the new package box from Natta Cosme. A bit of galaxy theme going on there, matches perfectly with these Stardust eyeliners.



Why stardust you may ask? Well, as you can see, there are specks of glitter on the eyeliners, thus they are called Galaxy Black and Galaxy Brown.


I tried both eyeliners and these are the results:


The Galaxy Brown gives out a more feminine and softer look. Suitable if you're using lighter eye shadow colours.


Galaxy Black is more loud and bold as compared with Galaxy Brown. It is more obvious and really draws attention to your eyes.



Partly why Miss Hana Gel Eyeliners are so popular is because of it's waterproof formula. So I decided to conduct 2 experiments where I'll be using water and make up remover on a cotton pad separately to rub the eyeliner I drew on my hand to see if they are really waterproof.



After using the cotton pad damped with water to rub the eyeliner, it is indeed waterproof. I rubbed it really really hard and it didn't come off. So you don't have to worry about crying while watching sad movies or standing in the rain because you know you won't look like a panda after that. haha (the eyeliner looks slightly smudged, but that's because I rubbed way too hard. Let's be real ok? Nobody rubs their eyelids that hard. haha)

By the way, look closely at this pic and you can see that with sunlight, the glitter on the eyeliner really shows up! :)




After proving that is water proof, the next thing to worry about is whether it is easily removed or not. The answer is : Okay-ish  / Yes!!! depending on what type of make up remover you are using. I used the Kose Sekkisei Cleansing Cream for this experiment and I had to do 6-7 wipes to clean it. Whereas when I used a more oil based make up remover (Kanebo's Blanchir Superior Oil Cleansing), it only took me 2 wipes to clean it off.



As I said earlier, I want to do a completely 100% honest review of this product so here are my likes and dislikes.


LIKES:
  • Waterproof
  • Easy to draw with
    (Very suitable for beginners, like me, heh)
  • Nice colour
  • Easy to remove when using oil based make up remover
  • Pretty packaging!
    (Who can resist baby pink and lace details?!)
  • Affordable
  • Very lasting
    (Went out from 9.30am till 2.00am and it is still intact, no touch ups needed)


DISLIKES:
  • Smashes easily
    (Especially after sharpening, it's advisable to press on the sharp tip a bit to make it more solid before you use, otherwise the tip might break and drop into your eyes)
  • Leaves a bit of residue
    (tiny specks of it might fall on your cheeks when applying, just swipe them off with a brush)
  • Not easy to draw wing tip because it gets blunt fast



Overall Rating: 7.5/10

Even though I listed some dislikes but they aren't major issues and can be fixed easily so I feel that this eyeliner would still be a good investment and a great addition to any girl's make up collection! :D Plus it is affordable...especially if you have a 20% discount code.


http://www.nattacosme.com/

 Natta Cosme is having a special discount of 20% for all Miss Hana Gel Eyeliners! Just head on to their website, choose the colour you want, and enter this code: MHES 20 during check out. 



One thing I would like to say about Natta Cosme is that they take care of their customers really well. They give quick responses to enquiries and are very helpful. 

Personal Experience: I really want to thank the team at Natta Cosme, especially Stephenie, who came to my rescue by sending me the Miss Hana Sharpener when I said the tip of my eyeliner broke and I can't find a suitable sharpener to sharpen it. haha. They sent it over immediately the next day after I told them about it! Efficient or what?!



The discount code is only valid till 31st August 2014 so if you're interested, hurry and go get one for yourself!


Natta Cosme
106, Jalan S2D32 City Centre,
70300 Seremban 2, Negeri Sembilan,
Malaysia.
Tel: 06-6017555 (10am-7pm) / 019-6500746
Website: http://www.nattacosme.com/
Email: customer@nattacosme.com / nattacosme@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NattaCosme


3 comments:

  1. i really like this post ! haha so detailed, i don't think i was ever that hardworking ):
    by the way i like the picture quality, what camera you use for selfie?
    so smooth looking your skin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Ann! I used my Note 3 front camera to take my selfies :) MTXX it to make the photo brighter also because I only used natural lighting and it wasn't very bright at that time. haha

      Delete
  2. Nice blog.
    Please visit my blog at http://97thousandunitedstatesdollars.blogspot.com/
    Maybe you are interested in buying products amazon antique, unique, weird.
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete