Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"Sakura" - Spring in Malaysia


" The grass is greener on the other side "
Does this mean the flowers are prettier on the other side too? 


Not necessarily. 

Recently have been seeing a lot of famous bloggers (who are apparently all, if not most,  in Japan) posting Sakura pictures everywhere. Really makes me envy that Malaysia doesn't have four seasons so that we can have pretty flowers during Spring as well.


Turns out I was wrong. Malaysia has Spring too! (kind of) We have "Sakuras" here as well! The actual names of the flower is  风铃木. Not too sure about the english name though =/  Was driving along the road and found these trees with pink and white flowers sprouting here and there. It is sooo pretty. Especially when the wind blew and all the flowers start falling from the trees. 


I'm not sure about other states in Malaysia. But Melaka has quite a lot of these trees! Wish they'll just plant these trees EVERYWHERE so that we can be as pretty as those countries with pretty flowers during Spring! *coughs* *Japan* *coughs* *Korea*


Anyway, hope you all will enjoy the pictures. I really enjoyed admiring all the pretty flowers and taking pictures that I had 200+ photos in total. Don't worry. There's only 20+ photos here. hehe. Enjoy!





























Peach coloured dress from Honey Moon  l  Peach ballet flats from JellyBunny  l  Princess crown earrings from Voir  l  Beautiful white and pink flowers from Mother Nature/God 


So....convinced that Malaysia can be pretty during spring as well? Can't help admiring the beauty of those flowers. If you don't have extra cash to spare to go overseas during spring (like me), just admire what we have lah. Malaysia not bad also what. Right? haha

Oh yeah, my dress is from my usual favourite store, Honey Moon at Dataran Pahlawan.  Love the simplicity of it, it's not very casual, but not too formal as well. I prefer dresses like these as I can wear them for a girl's outing or even a wedding dinner without being under dressed / overdressed.


Time to go and continue admiring all the pretty flowers! 



#ButFirstLetMeTakeASelfie

Or rather, 6 selfies. Geez that song is catchy.



Find me on:  Instagram  l  Twitter  l  Dayre  l Bloglovin  l  Imotiv  l  Lookbook  l  WhatIWear  




20 comments:

  1. O.M.G, your mum photography skill really no joke!!! So prettyyyy, love the details of the dress =) Btw, pink colour suit you too^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ya lor. She is getting more and more geng already XD thank youuuu <3 <3 <3

      Delete
  2. Nice background you have!!! It is really match with your baby pink dress!! Love this post babe!! <3

    xoxo
    www.hervoguediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks babe!! Yeah I was lucky XD Just bought that dress XD

      Delete
  3. So pretty in PINK!! I got a same shoes with you from Jelly bunny! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh thank you Sharon! hahaha really?! *twinning* XD

      Delete
  4. you're beautiful mandy!! Love Sakura <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nayoung :)) Yeah, this is Malaysian's version of sakura. haha

      Delete
  5. your pink face and pink flowers match perfectly !!! ;) pretty ~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, may I know which part in Melaka did you take these beautiful photos? :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :D I took them at Taman Asean :) Actually there are a lot of nice places to take these flowers. The trees outside Holiday Inn are also very nice! :D

      Delete
  7. Nice flowers! It's also "sakura" everywhere in KL... but with different kind of flowers! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah I saw pictures on FB! :DD

      Delete
  8. this tree available across Malaysia and Singapore, the flowers were flooding my FB since last week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup yup. I saw Singapore ones too on FB. haha everyone is very excited because it's the first time they bloom so beautifully

      Delete
  9. The flowers are beautiful and that dress is perfect! I have my eye on those earrings though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your works are simply awesome. I can't take my eyes off your blog. Highly inspiring
    desert safari dubai at 65 aed

    ReplyDelete