Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Halia Inc. (Revisit)


After I went to Halia Inc. the first time, I decided to come back here again to taste more of their food. Sad to say, what I ordered this time around was quite a disappointment :/ But do read on as there is one dish I particularly loved!


The ambience:





As you can see, the place is quite spacious and as I have said before, it's just beside the Melaka river, so it is quite nice. You can take a walk around the Melaka River after your meal maybe? haha.



Took some time to order, all the names of the food are in the pictures already :) However, I forgotten to take down the price as I was quite disappointed about the food this time around, apologies in advance. Anyway, this is what I ordered:




Rate: 5/10

If I were to compare this pizza with the pizza from Pizza Hut and Dominoes, it will be Dominoes Pizza > Pizza Hut > Halia Inc's Pizza. The crust was too thick and it really just tasted like flour, the pizza was also slightly soggy. Not worth ordering.




Rate: 6/10

Maybe it will be unfair of me to rate this as I am not a Latte fan. I only liked the coffee arts on Lattes. Latte lovers will be more eligible to rate this, but it was just too bitter for me.




Rate: 6/10

I'm not sure if this is just a personal preference or that it should be this way, but I always prefer vanilla ice cream on my brownies. Never chocolate. In addition to that, the brownie wasn't anything spectacular. It wasn't the 'melt-in-your-mouth' kind, I still think the brownies from DeReve are the best in Melaka. 




Rate: 6/10

This is a mix of Peach and soda but all I tasted was the soda. Quite a disappointment. Even the Lychee Love was better than this. If you want to order any flavoured drink from this section, I highly recommend the Passion Fruit flavoured one that I tried during my last visit. 





Rate: 9.8/10

I saved the best for last. This carbonara spaghetti is amazing!! It is not as creamy as the usual carbonara spaghetti, but that's why I love it even more! You can eat the whole thing without feeling jelak. This is really a must try! The taste is really awesome! This is definitely a must try!!  





The final verdict:

I'm disappointed with the food. I think so far, the only worth trying dishes are their spaghetti, the rest are either so-so or just downright disappointing. Personally feel that it is not worth the price. Previously said that I think this restaurant is really worth revisiting but I'm not sure about that anymore. Even if I do go back, I'll only go back for their Carbonara Spaghetti. After all, it is still one of the best carbonaras I've ever tasted.


Oh by the way! I have already chosen the winners for my KOSE Sekkisei Lotion Mask Giveaway! (Click here to see who are the winners!). I have also sent an email to all of them, kindly respond within 48 hours! Thank you :D


Also, click here to read more reviews of the other dishes at Halia Inc.


Halia Inc.
1 Jalan Merdeka, 75200 Melaka.
06-2841011
Halia Inc Facebook Page
Tue - Thurs: 7.00am - 11.00pm
Fri - Sat: 7.00am - 12.00am
Sun: 7.00am - 10.00pm




Find me on:  Instagram  l  Twitter  l  Dayre  l Bloglovin  l  Imotiv  



4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so yummy! *O*

    Your look very beautiful! I love your hair~

    ❤ ✿ NEW POST ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sadly it wasn't really :/ Thank you so much Rinako :)

      Delete
  2. nom nom the carbonara really does look great. you are a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete