Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2014

#PrayForMH370


Initially wanted to post an outfit post, but in light of the unfortunate event that has taken place today, I don't feel like putting it up for now.


To those who don't know what happened, a plane of Malaysia Airlines, MH370, is no where to be found. It is currently suspected to have crashed off the southern coast of Vietnam. You can read more here or Google it. It's all over the news.


Waiting is so agonizing. My heart and prayer goes out to the crew, passengers, and their friends and family. Although I don't have any relations to anyone on that plane, but I am deeply saddened by this news, I cannot imagine how the family and friends must feel.


It really serves as a wake up call, to not take anything for granted. I've been on a plane several times and have sat Malaysia Airlines before, but not once have I ever thought that the plane wouldn't land safely. I don't think I have ever really properly thank God for protection and journey mercy whenever I board on a plane. Starting from now on, I will.


This incident also really showed me that life is so unpredictable. So live the moment, don't dwell on the past and don't be overly worried about the future. Do what you've always wanted to do, pursue your dreams, let the ones whom you love and care know how you truly feel about them, etc. Life's too short. Don't leave any regrets behind.


Also, I sincerely hope that those who are spreading rumours and pointing fingers as to who is to blame for this incident will stop. It's really sad to see people making so many insensitive comments during this dark and sensitive period of time. What we should really be doing is join hearts in prayer, not putting blame on anyone or spreading fake news. Honestly, if you have nothing nice to say, it's better if you don't say anything at all.



Hoping to have some news soon.
You are in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers. #PrayForMH370



***Update***

3.29pm, 12th March 2014


Day 5. Still no signs, but still praying.


Also not forgetting to pray for the Search and Rescue teams. Thank you. We appreciate your efforts.


Sincerely praying for those who have loved ones on board the flight as well. Hopefully, we'll find the plane soon.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this...
    I've been on a plane, too. I've never prayed for my safety. I also should start... Our life is so fragile.
    I traveled with my friend by car a week ago. I didn't understand why she had a cross inside the car. When she heard about the car accident, touched it. Now I understand very well...
    I wish that everything and everyone will be okay. I hope for a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it really is a very sad and unfortunate incident :( I agree, life is fragile. Wow, thank God you all are okay. We are still hoping for good news. Thank you so much for your concern. Hopefully everything will be fine!

      Delete