Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

A Christmas Gift to yourself, from yourself.





"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful"  -- Norman Vincent Peale
I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I feel that the quote above is so so true. Just the thought of Christmas really makes me feel all bubbly and lovely on the inside. It's like a magical feeling, where I feel like everything is beautiful, everyone is amazing and everything will be alright. If you really think about it, Christmas is the only festive holiday that can make (almost) the whole world excited about it.








I find it hard to believe that Christmas is just 2 days away.


On one hand, I'm all, 
"CHRISTMAS IS COMING! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY THE WHOLE YEAR!"
on the other hand, I'm like, 
"Did someone just swallowed up the first 11 months of this year?"


Time passed way too fast.





One random thing about what I really love about Christmas is the lights. I absolutely adore fairy lights. I think they make everything look very pretty and festive. Although they can be pretty bright, but somehow, I always feel comforted when I look at them. Its weird. I'm weird. I know.


I think I mentioned in my Christmas Wish List post that I've never really believed in Santa Claus before as far as I can remember. I probably wished he was real once or twice, but that's about it. God is more reliable and believable to me at that age (and now).  haha






Up to this point, you're probably wondering what does my title have anything to do with this blog post. Well, the truth is, I've been through quite a lot this past year, a lot of bad, and some good. Because of  all these things that are happening around me, I've been really determined to not let anything get in the way of Christmas, to not let anything ruin that day for me. I kept imagining how awful it would be, if something happened and it will ultimately ruin Christmas and also my birthday. I would be freaking devastated.

But tonight, it struck me. Nobody and nothing can ruin Christmas/my birthday for me, but myself. And this goes to the other 364 days of the year as well.

As much as happiness is a choice, so is anger, and so is sadness. They are all choices. It just depends on which choice you make. Of course, it is hard to stay calm and be truly happy when things aren't all rainbows and sunshine. But, no one promised it will be easy, and no one said that you're going through all that alone either.

So this Christmas, no matter how the day is going to turn out to be like, I will choose to be happy. I will choose to look at the positive side of things. I won't ruin that day for myself and I hope you'll do the same as well.


Take it as...a Christmas gift to yourself, from yourself :)


Have a Merry and Blessed Christmas everyone :) God bless <3


P.S: All photos were taken by me at Portuguese Settlement, Melaka




 Find me on:  Instagram  l  Twitter  l  Dayre  l Bloglovin  l  Imotiv  l  Lookbook  l  WhatIWear  



8 comments:

  1. Christmas is definitely like a magical wand.. every year I look forward to Christmas^^ It's always fun to share happiness with your family and friends. I definitely agree with the topic that you are the only one who can ruin your own happiness. It's definitely a choice to be happy or be let down. :) Gorgeous photos! Hope you and your loved ones will enjoy a merry Christmas!! xx

    -Nikkie
    Chic Nikkie
    Bloglovin' | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I'm glad we see eye to eye on that matter. I did had an amazing Christmas! Hope you did too lovely ^^

      Delete
  2. all the lights are amazing :) beautiful! love the reflection on the power of choice - so true, and always good to remember around the holidays. stay positive xoxo.

    ps. i'm your newest follower on google and bloglovin ;)

    hobovogue.com . ღ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, never know there are such beautiful decoration at Melaka!! It's so like fairy tale, so peaceful!

    Merry Christmas to you, Mandy! I am sure the Lord your God will guide you in the coming years ahead! He will not leave you nor for sake you! :)

    ReplyDelete