Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

School Uniform


 It seems like I haven't blog in ages and I'm sorry about that. STPM (my finals) is about a week away and I've been busy preparing for it.

I'm going to be graduating high school soon! Form Six /  Pre-U life is gonna end. And this means that my wearing school uniform days are going to be over too. So today's post will be dedicated for the past 12 years that I have to spend wearing a school uniform to school. (also shoutout to Phem Enecio for requesting this post! Sorry to have kept you waiting!)


This is my normal form six school uniform. Just a white shirt, black skirt, white socks and black shoes. For the benefit of those non-Malaysians, every school we have here has different coloured uniforms.

My school's theme colours are purple and green. My friends all jokingly ask me if I chose to enter this school because I like the colour purple. Lol. maybe I did



And if you are in my class, you'll probably see me doing these two things often, sleeping and day dreaming. whoops. hehe 



Now the uniform below is newly introduced for my batch in my school. It's our corporate wear, kind of like a formal wear. As you can see, it has my school's 2 main colours again. Although I kinda wished they made purple as the primary colour for this shirt.




Last but not least, every student have to join a uniform body and I joined Rangers (a.k.a girl guides).

*Unfortunately I couldn't find my rangers outfit while shooting for this post, so I guess a selfie from my form five ranger's life would do, the uniform is the same, the top and a black skirt*


If you asked me years or even months ago whether I would miss wearing school uniforms, my answer would be 'NO FREAKING WAY!' because I really wished we had freedom of choosing what to wear to school.


Now, when I know this is going to be over...Honestly? I think I will miss it. I will miss not having to think about what to wear to school, I will miss wearing the same old thing every day, I will miss this.


But if there is one thing I could change about the rules in Malaysian schools is that since the students are already limited to their choice of outfit, they should be a bit more lenient on other things. Like allowing girls to use whatever coloured rubber band, hair band and pins on their hair. Allowing students to wear whatever wristbands, studs, small necklaces they want. Allowing guys to wax their hair, and the list goes on. Granted not all schools are super strict on these rules, but these are just some general examples.


I mean come on, think about it, I am not going to blind anyone with my yellow neon coloured headband, that dude is not going to kill someone with his spiky hair, the world won't end because some girls in school decide to wear wristbands to school. So I really don't see what is wrong with all that =/


Anyway, that's about it for my school uniforms. And I am not going to state where I bought my uniforms because that is just...silly. haha. Unless you want them for a Halloween party, dressing up as a dying student because of too much studying, then feel free to ask me I guess? haha. Or invite me! I can totally go as myself then. Lol



24 comments:

  1. i'm going to graduate soon! time flies so fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know righttt. Congrats on graduating! :D

      Delete
  2. I'm graduating in May then off to uni! I like how you guys have a Pre-U thing! Good luck and congrats on almost graduating! And I totally agree with you on uniforms, my school is strict on it but not as strict as yours! Wow!

    Phailee
    http://phaileepandascafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I am going to Uni around September! :D Haha thank you so much! ^^. The Pre-U thing is a new system. And yeah, the schools here can be pretty strict ><

      Delete
  3. This!!! thank you for posting this. i love your uniform. its cute. your bag also. how i wish we have that kind of uniform. im super jealous. back in my high school years we also wear uniforms but it so boring but we can wear any color of pins, accessories etc and boys can wax their hair as they want. :) AGAIN THANKS FOR POSTING THIS AND FOR THE SHOUTOUT :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO! NO NO, THANK YOU FOR THE REQUEST!! It's my first ever time getting a request for my blog. hehe. Hope that you aren't disappointed. >< My uniform is cute? haha. Well, I am glad at least one person think it is -.- I feel that Korean and Japanese school uniforms are cuter! At least you don't have extremely strict rules ;)

      Delete
  4. hahahaha cute post. makes me miss wearing the school uniform so much. I love to wear school uniforms even when I am in school!! but of course somehow will end up breaking the school rules someway or another, (pinafore's belt too loose... skirt's too short... never tuck in shirt etc..) Not a very good student, but I guess thats what creates so much memory for me in school........

    hahha. I love your first set of white shirt black skirt with green and purple tie uniform. simple and nice. :) all the best for everything!!

    xoxo, Joei
    BLOG | BlogLovin' | Google+ | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha. I break some rules too sometimes! XD Can't wear skirts that are too short though, sure kena discipline wan. haha

      yeah I only like that set to be honest... XD Thanks again Joei! :))

      Delete
  5. Wow, your school uniform is so cute! My high school uniform didn't look as good as yours.

    -Prelel The Style Junkie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously? I thought we had it bad already -.-

      Delete
  6. Cute uniform! I really miss wearing my high school uniform. xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay... didn't expect you all to say my uniform looks cute. haha. I will miss wearing it too! ><

      Delete
  7. I love your uniform! The one I have at my school is just ugly and expensive. *Sigh* Good luck for uni!

    michelleytan.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg guys, like, how bad can your uniforms be? You all are making me curious because I thought that mine is ugly enough. haha. Oh mine are expensive too -.- *double sigh* Thank you so much Michelle :D

      Delete
  8. well your school uniform is super cute! :) and good luck for your finals! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  9. gosh, i sure wish i was back in school! i miss it so. all the very best for stpm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I bet I'll miss school a lot as well. haha

      Delete
  10. wow! your uniform is so cute!! >< I just graduated from secondary school and I miss it already :(

    http://alexisalexisloh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooohh congratulations on graduating from secondary school! I miss my secondary school life a lot as well DD: and thank you! haha

      Delete
  11. Once there was a spot check in my high school and I got caught by prefect for short skirt and given demerit points. I asked the prefect why wear short skirt also need to punish, she said scared if we wear short skirt and sit down we will show our inside. I thought if we sit in a short skirt with our knees together then won't show our inside. Anyway when I entered uni I wore lots of short skirt and I always sit with my legs open to tease the guys:)
    Have you ever been caught during spot check and demerited?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't mind wearing a uniform when I went to school, but my biggest problem was wearing a tie. I always thought it was idiotic that girls had to wear a tie. I could never put on my tie very well. I could never tie it right. My tie was always crooked or the knot would always be loose or off-center. We had to have our collars buttoned up, but I could never get the tie centered over the top button of my collar. Sometimes, my collar would be turned up in the back and my tie would make the rest up my collar up front stick up. For an awards night, I got my picture taken receiving an award and my tie was really crooked and part of my collar was sticking up and the picture was in the paper. Another time, we were we were on TV for a special event and my tie was way off to one side, I didn't have it tucked inside of my blazer so it was hanging outside of it and the right side of my collar was twisted straight up. Even though when I got dressed, I tied my tie as best I could. When I buttoned my blazer my tie was tucked inside of it, but I guess I forgot to fold my collar in the back and it got twisted up when I put on my blazer. My tie must've slipped out when I bent to pick up something. I wish somebody had pointed out to me that my tie was crooked and my collar was sticking up or at least fixed it for me. I looked like a slob on TV and it seemed like the camera was on me most of the time. I always tried to look neat, but I never really did when I had to wear a tie.

    ReplyDelete