Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Gold on Black



Two weeks ago was my cousin's wedding dinner night, which was at Slim River, Perak.

We arrived quite early, so we went around trying to look for some civilization in that small town...but to no avail. The nearest Starbucks was 12 kilometers away and we couldn't find any coffee shop in sight. I was quite bummed about it, because after sitting in the car for so many hours, I just really needed to get out and stretch my legs.

And then we spotted KFC! *throws confetti* But then as we were turning there, we stumbled upon the current 'Malaysia's Biggest Stone Art Collage'. All thoughts of sitting in an air conditioned environment has gone by then. haha. It was also entered in the Malaysia's Book of Records okay!






So by the time we finished taking photos there, we skipped the trip to KFC and head towards to the wedding dinner. Haha.












Black dress from Vintage Style (Dataran Pahlawan)  l  Gold necklace from Vincci  l  Black faux fur bag from Mico Fashion Square  l  Gold belt (my mum's)  l  Heels from Barry (Aeon)


Honestly, I've been wanting a dress or a skirt like this for a long time. I really love the peep through sheer chiffon material at the bottom of the dress. The crotchet lace details at the bottom also makes the whole dress look very elegant!


Strictly according to Chinese tradition, it's better to wear bright colours like red, yellow or gold to a wedding. But since I couldn't find any dress of that colour, I wore my black dress but accessorize with gold accessories to brighten up the look. So if you ever need to go to a wedding but don't have a bright coloured outfit, just wear bright coloured accessories, and then you won't have to worry about anyone giving you the 'why-are-you-wearing-dark-colours-to-a-wedding' look.


Also, the belt that I am wearing is what my mum wore on her wedding day 30 YEARS AGO. AND IT STILL LOOKS BRAND NEW. Unbelievable.



Anyways, I hope you all had a great start to October! I started mine with exams, but it's gonna be over soon! Yay!


Till then :)



  Find me on:  Instagram  l  Twitter  l  Bloglovin  l  Imotiv  l  Lookbook  l  WhatIWear  




24 comments:

  1. the belt was the first thing I noticed!
    it looks pretty and it has a total 20s vibe :)
    your dress is gorgeous! I love the sheer at the bottom part
    and yes.. I always get those looks everytime I wear black to a wedding! but I still wear them anyway.. cause my friends doesn't care, only the parents do! haha

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!! haha I love the sheer part a lot! omg i know right?? I think only the older generation have problems when it comes to wearing dark colours for a wedding seriously. Personally I wouldn't mind if my friendss/family wear dark colours to my wedding, I mean, as long as they dress appropriately and look good, then so be it! haha

      Delete
  2. You're so pretty and elegant Mandy! Anyway, I love the dress your wearing especially the sheer part :)

    xoxo,
    .never settle for less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sherlaine! You're too kind ^^

      Delete
  3. you look gorgeous!

    nataliegasm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I think it's awesome that you used your mom's belt! o.o That really looks new, haha~ Love the dress on you as well hehe. ^___^

    Junniku blog [Click!]

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous, and I love your dress. :)
    Wanna follow each other? Let me know :)

    http://yourfashiontroubleshootingguide.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Hopping over to your blog now!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh..!!! you look so adorable and sweet.
    Loooved your shoes.!!
    where did you get them :):)

    Love from India
    Get..Set..Blush!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I got them from Carlo Rino :) It's stated in my post :))

      Delete
  7. This dress is beautiful!!! Really original ^^
    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Don't forget to check my & other stories giveaway ^^

    ReplyDelete