Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Bites -- Where everything becomes an exception




Hello everyone! Happy Malaysia Day :D


Now we all know that our national past time is eating, so I am very very excited to share with you all some of the amazing food that I had at Bites's pop up kitchen last week, which is loacated at Bukit Baru!



They have a very nice cosy setting, perfect for private dining with your family or friends.





Okay now on to the food :) For starters, we had:


Quesadillas

These are tortillas with melted cheese and with a filling of your choice. This is definitely my favourite dish among all. The savoury filling and the dipping that comes with it really stimulates your appetite. Definitely a must try!


Caesar salad

I guess now would be the right time to explain as to why I put the words 'where everything becomes an exception' in my title. I'm not really a fan of caesar salads because the main ingrediants involve cheese, which I really don't like. But, the parmesan cheese they used are from New Zealand and it tasted really good alongside the crunchy lettuces and crotours!

What I'm trying to say is, whatever food that I usually don't really like, they somehow will manage to get me to like them.What kind of sorcery is this?!



Tantalizing Tarragon Chicken Steak
Sides: Bites 'Benang' Fries and Tomato salad with creamy basil sauce

This is probably one of their signature dishes! The tarragon chicken steak is really juicy! Also a must try! I also thought the fries had a really cute name. Its called 'benang' because they are really really thin, just like threads! And again, I don't like tomatoes but I ate spoonful after spoonful of that yummy tomato salad.

Roasted Honey Garlic BBQ Beef steak
Sides: Spicy salsa and Potato salad

I really really enjoyed the spicy salsa. Coming from a person who can't really take spicy food (I know, I know, I'm a Malaysian but I can't handle spicy stuff *hangs head in shame*), you just have to take my word for it that it tastes amazing! I just kept spreading the sauce onto whatever I can, like the potato salad. Lol. The beef steak is probably one of the best I've ever tasted. Their BBQ sauce is actually homemade! *yums*


Jackfruit (a.k.a Nangka) Crumble 

I, personally, don't like jackfruits (a.k.a nangka). I don't like the smell of it, I don't like the taste of it, I just really don't like jackfruits in general. So when this jackfruit crumble was served, I was a bit hesitant to try it.

But I decided to give it a go anyways, and let me tell you, this dessert here totally changed my whole perspective of jackfruits. The sweet jackfruit really melts into your mouth as soon as you pop it in, and it was like a little piece of heaven right there. I kid you not. 

By the way, it was my sister's birthday. Hence the Happy Birthday sign. lol


Very contented after that hearty meal


To summarize the whole thing up, everything is nice. And all the types of food that I normally won't like, becomes an exception when it comes to Bites. I ended up liking all of them, so it is definitely worth a try! (If you do go and try their food, and somehow managed to actually find something that's not to your liking, just call me, I'll go finish up your food for you! haha)


They currently do pop ups, cook ups, show ups and pick ups. Their restaurant will also be opening soon, which will be located near SMK IJC and Equatorial Hotel. Will definitely do an update when they do, and maybe I'll introduce their mouth-watering Asian cuisines then :D



Bites
Bites Facebook Page
017-6020770


1 comment: