Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Merdeka!


"If independence is about freedom from an oppresive power, then our wish this Merdeka is that for Malaysians to be free from racism, hatred, ignorance, corruption, self-righteousness, all oppresive and unjust attitudes that tear the fabric of our beautiful society apart. That is what freedom means. The one who is truly free is the one who knows how to serve, how to love, and how to extend a hand of friendship to all. When we are like this, then we know what freedom is." -- Kita Kawan Mah (FB page)








 Leopard printed bralet from Honey Moon  l  Denim shorts from Mico Fashion Square  l  Leopard heels from Vincci  


For the benefit of those who don't know, the word "Merdeka" means independence or freedom. And today is Malaysia's 56th independence day! Happy Independence Day Malaysia!

I consider myself really blessed to be born in this country. Plenty of natural resources, hardly any natural disasters, great food (seriously, Malaysian food is the bomb!), amazing people of all races, I mean, what more can a girl ask for right?

Although I don't always wear patriotism on my sleeves, but I really love my country very much and hope that she will become better every year :)




I couldn't find a really national day themed outfit, so I got myself a mini Malaysian flag. Haha. Bralets are also quite popular this season and even though it is a bit out of my comfort zone, I just felt like trying something new :)


By the way! See the brick walls in the background? That (might be) my new room in process and I am very excited about it :DD



Hope all of you are having a great weekend, and to all Malaysians, happy celebrating our beloved country's birthday!


We won't be where we are without you, Malaysia :) <3



Find me on:  Instagram  l  Twitter  l  Bloglovin  l  Imotiv  l  Lookbook  l  WhatIWear  


4 comments: