Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Limau Limau Cafe



I went to the Limau Limau Cafe last Saturday for breakfast! Not sure why they named their cafe Limau (lime), I honestly expected it to have all sorts of lime related food or drinks, but they don't. lol. 




This cafe has a very nice vintage feel to it. I love how they decorated the place!

They have tons of decorations but it won't make you feel like the whole place is cluttered and stuffy, in fact, it looks very artistic to me.





I've done a bit of research before I went there, and turns out, they are famous for their milkshakes! So,  I made up my mind to try at least one of the many flavours they have to offer.



Chocolate + Banana Milkshake
Consists of: Chocolate, milk and ice cream
Price: RM10
Rate: 7/10


Okay this chocolate+banana milkshake was not bad, but it was a little bit too sweet for me. The owner did warn us that the milkshakes will be sweeter than their yogurt drinks.

Unless you have a huge sweet tooth, I don't think this is a drink for you. haha. They have plenty of other flavours though. I heard their durian milkshake is the best! So durian lovers should really try it out. 




Toasted Ciabatta with fresh mango + roasted chicken slices
served with: iceberg lettuce & olive oil mayo dressing
Price: RM16.90
Rate: 8/10

Earl Grey tea
Price: RM3.50
Rate: 5/10



Don't ask me what is 'iceberg lettuce', I'm just stating the name from their menu. It tasted and looked like normal lettuce to me. lol.

Okay, so Ciabatta is the name of the bread. I think this dish is not bad. I love the roasted chicken slices and the texture of the bread is superb! Crunchy on the outside but super soft on the inside! By the way, this dish is one of their specialty!

Earl grey tea smells and tastes like perfume. I'm sorry but this is literally not my cup of tea.




As you can see I really like the whole environment of the cafe. I didn't head upstairs though and now I'm regretting it because I'm googling images for this cafe and upstairs looks super cosy and warm.

But it's alright, I'll definitely be going back there next time to taste more of their food and to hog the sofas  provided upstairs.


Details of my outfit of the day: here





Limau Limau Cafe
No.9 Jalan Hang Lekiu, 75200 Melaka, Malaysia.
06-6984917
Monday to Thursday: 9.00am-6.00pm
Friday and Sunday: 9.00am - 7.00pm
Saturday: 9.00am - 8.00pm
Closed on Wednesday


*photos taken by my mom


1 comment: