Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Monkey see, Monkey do @ De Palma Inn, Kuala Selangor


This is a scheduled post. 






I like this picture, but because I placed my cap there, it looks like I'm pregnant -__-



OOTD:
  • Camouflage military semi transparent crop top studded with stars - Honeymoon (Dataran Pahlawan)
  • Denim shorts - Mico Fashion Square
  • Green cap - Korea
  • About-to-spoil-slippers (lol) - A push cart in Mahkota Parade
  • Neon green sunglasses - no idea where it's from


*I wore slippers because I didn't bring my combat boots as it is only a camp. Also, I has a blister, so I couldn't wear any shoes anyways.



As I said in this post, I attended my church's annual camp at De Palma Inn, Kuala Selangor. Just giving a bit of review about how my stay there went.

Source

Well, I don't know if 'hotel' would be a right word for it as we lived in chalets/cabins. The chalets were clean, and it was quite okay. Except for the fact that the mini fridge located in the cupboard under the television cannot be closed properly without using huge force. And when I say huge force, as in, I had to kick the fridge's door so that it'll close -.-

Credits: Joey Tan


Then, it rained on the second day we were there, and there were no sidewalks with shade to shield us from the rain when we wanted to go to the lobby, or anywhere else for that matter. We had to cover ourselves with newspapers and magazines as all of our umbrellas are left in the car. -_-


The 'hotel' is kind of situated in a remote area, so there's no Wi-fi connection there. Even if you have 3G, it's impossible to get any coverage at all. The only wifi provided is at the lobby, and even then sometimes it does not work, or it's extremely slow.


There's this key holder inside your room that says 'Place key here to have power'. But actually, you will still have electricity even if you don't place your key there. So you can on your air conditioners throughout your stay without turning it off at all! =P Okok, not very eco-friendly, but can you blame us with Malaysia's super hot weather?


Another thing, if you plan to stay there, be aware of furry guests -- Monkeys. There are at least 30 of them, and maybe even more. They'll appear in the afternoon to scout for food, and they come out in groups. Its kinda scary to be honest.

This is only one group of them ,there's another huge group -.-


My brother, sister and I were walking back to our chalet when we met this huge group of monkeys, and my genius of a brother decided to feed them peanut shells. Bad idea. One of the mama monkeys who was carrying her baby suddenly came up to us so quickly while the others were glaring/staring.


What else to do? Run lah of course!

Thank goodness they decided to not chase us. I, of course scolded my brother after that -____-


The monkeys will come up to you and follow you if you carry plastic bags. So if you're gonna buy food, try to find a safer way to 'transport' your food, like putting it in a bag pack. One of my church members kept being followed by the monkeys because she carried a lot of plastic bags after buying stuff from the fish market. ><


The staff there told us people from Jabatan (I don't know what they are called) came once and tried to shoot them. They shot one, and after that got attacked by the rest of the lot -___________- So they decided to leave them alone.



There's an adult pool and a kiddy's pool, but they're both kinda small and the adult pool is only 4 feet deep.


Oh, almost forgot to mention about the food there. All their food had one thing in common, too sweet. Be it vegetables, soup, curry, eggs...just anything. They are all SWEET. While I do have a huge sweet tooth, this is all just too much -_- But I really love their roti canai! Super thin and crispy! Goes well with their sambal, which, miraculously wasn't sweet, but savoury.


Overall, I would rate my stay there a 6/10 for a resort. Now, if there was good wifi coverage, no monkeys, and better food, I would probably give it an 8.






No comments:

Post a Comment