Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Chinese New Year Part Two: I am a Wood Dog, what about you?


Fun fact: I just knew that our zodiac signs (dog, pig, horse, snake, rat, tiger...) are actually paired up with elements (fire, earth, water, wood, and metal).

You can click here to find out your zodiac sign and element, then click here to read what it means.

I am a Wood Dog (I told my mum good thing I'm not a Fire Dog, because that just sounds like hotdog to me. haha) 






Hmmm.....some are quite spot on while others not quite. Lol.


This year is actually the Water Snake. And experts say it's not going to be a good year. Coincidentally, there were a lot of mishaps this year.


  • A cousin of mine fell down the stairs on the eve of CNY eve and injured his knee.
  • One of my uncles accidentally lock the key inside the boot of his car along with all the luggage.
  • My cousin-in-law forgotten to bring her luggage.
  • Was eating my brunch when suddenly two young boys (around ages 13 or 14) started to fight close behind me, as in really hit, smack, punch that kind of fight.

But then...


  • My cousin is fine. He can walk, and hopefully his injury is not that serious.
  • 4 hours later, my uncle managed to get hold of a locksmith to open up the car boot.
  • She managed to run to town and get some pretty nice clothes.
  • They didn't hit me. lol.


I'm not superstitious and I believe that you can decide how your year is gonna be like. So, screw what the 'experts' say. Stay positive and be thankful for all the little things, even if life is a little rough on the edges, try to look at the brighter side. Also, remember that everything happens for a reason. :) Cheers to a good year ahead!






Coming up next, Part Three: CNY Outfits


No comments:

Post a Comment