Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rewind and Freeze: 2012

As the year is drawing to a close, I think that its important to review what I've been through this whole year, see the new experiences I went through and lessons I learned that made me who I am today.

2012 has been a....how do I put this...erm...a challenging year. Yes, that would be the appropriate word. Life has its ups and downs, sometimes more downs than ups, but I know that focusing and appreciating on the good things that happened is the way to go. So here are the highlights for 2012 :)

Oh yes, Thank God for Facebook Timeline, it definitely played the biggest part in the making of this post. lol. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  • JANUARY:

#Snow in Seoul


So my family and I went to Korea late last year till early this year. Korea is where I experienced snow/winter for the very first time in my life. It was a very nice and different experience considering our country has only two 'seasons' which are 'summer' and 'rain-er'? lol. 

I was really excited to see the snow on the ground for the first few days on the trip but on 1.1.2012... IT STARTED SNOWING. I remembered we were in a ginseng shop and someone from our tour group went to the toilet, looked out the window (yes there was a window in the toilet) and came back and yelled that it was snowing. We ran out of the store like... 


this. LOL. Even though it was only snowing lightly, we were all really really really excited. But after that when  we went to a palace, it started snowing really heavily and looked like...

this. (That's me putting down my specs just to take a nice photo but it didn't turn out too well. wth. lol. Should've just held it in my hands or should've just freaking wore it.) Anyways, I thought it was really romantic watching the snow fall like that. It'll be more enjoyable if it wasn't so cold though. The coldest I experienced there was -16 Celsius okay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  • FEBRUARY
#Working life



I think my biggest accomplishment of the year was getting a part time job. I worked at a boutique named LNF at Aeon Bandaraya Melaka for 2 and a half months. Even though it was a really short time but I learned a lot of new things, get to know what it feels like to get my first ever salary, get a glimpse of how working in the outside world feels like, learn how to deal with all sorts of people, learn how to spend my money wisely etc etc. My coworkers were amazing, and I had a very enjoyable time there thanks to them.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  • MARCH
#SPM results

Doomsday month. lol. Kidding. Got my SPM results and when I first got hold of my results slip, I started looking at my results from the bottom because I knew that there would be a B+ there. It was Chinese, and it was expected so I wasn't surprised about it. But then...I looked up some more and I saw another B+ and I was like, hold up, what subject is this?! 



Chemistry. I guess I should've known better because my Chemistry was always on the weak side, but I was really upset about it for the whole day, and then I realized I was really stupid because instead of being happy for the 8A's I got, I was crying over 2B's.

In maths 8 > 2 right? So yeah, as I said earlier, focus more on the good stuff instead of the bad and appreciate it. :)


#P-Licensed driver



I am so glad to finally have my driver's license. I CAN FINALLY DRIVE. I don't have to depend on my mum, my dad, my sister or my brother to ferry me up and down to wherever I wanted/needed to go. All I need is a car and I am off! Thank youuuu for more freedom. I was really glad I passed everything on the first try too, and even more glad I didn't give any forms of bribery at all because it's so not worth it.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*nothing much happened in April so I'm skipping to May*


  • MAY
# Form Six


This is the month where I finally made my decision to further my education with Form Six. Took up Arts Stream instead of Science because I didn't think that my foundation in Chemistry was that strong, so I don't want to torture myself with that subject. 

Everything was new. New school, new teachers, new friends, new system, new subjects, new everything! I took a lot of time to adjust to all these new things, well actually I still kind of am adjusting. They say that Form Six was supposed to be the best years of the whole high school experience, I hope this is true.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*June and July was basically me just trying to adjust to my form six life, so nothing interesting*


  • AUGUST
#Hello curls

I have only done two drastic changes to my hair in my entire life. The first was getting bangs in 2009. The second, was this year's August, which was getting permanent curls. Soft digital perm to be exact.


I am not gonna lie, I do miss my long straight hair at times. But I don't have any regrets about getting a permanent perm, frankly because it's so much easier to maintain and it doesn't look too bad either. So, this shall be my hairstyle till...I don't know when. I get really scared when it comes to making changes to my hair, so this is probably gonna stick around for a while. haha


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  • SEPTEMBER
#Glam up


My cousin brother got married this month! Since it was a grand wedding, we were preparing months ahead for this day. From hair, make up, dress, shoes, clutches and even nail polish, we were preparing them all. It's the first time for me being all glam up for a wedding. Even got a professional to help do my hair and make up. I told my mum it was kind of fun, and then she said :"Of course you would think its fun lah, you're not the one paying for it also." LOL =P


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


*Was busy preparing for STPM Round One for October and November, that's boring, so skipping those two months*


  • DECEMBER
#The world didn't end

No surprises there. Lol.


#Turning 18/Christmas

Christmas is forever the best part of the year to me, and I'm not just saying this because it so happens to be my birthday too. Everything is so festive and so pretty and happy when Christmas is around the corner. I don't know, maybe its just me, but I always think that Christmas makes everything okay again even if its not. Since this is turning out to be a longer post than I expected, click here to read about my Christmas day/being officially 18, or here to check out the amazingly pretty Portuguese Settlement. Oh and before I forget, click here to read how to win a Samsung Galaxy Tab! Contest ends tomorrow, so hurry!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I guess that pretty much sums up my whole 2012. I'm grateful for all the good and the bad that has happened this year. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Everything happens for a reason, I believe in that. :)


Oh and this is how I'm gonna usher in 2013 :)



Saw this on tumblr and I thought it's pretty cool. Gonna add dates to the notes so that I can remember what day it was as well.



Happy New Year everyone! (in advance) Forget the bad, cherish the good, and be ready for a fresh new start :)



No comments:

Post a Comment